In today’s world, so much of our food is processed, so when my little one started to eat solids, I was looking for healthy alternatives without the preservatives and additives. The recipes below are not only super simple to make, but as my 2 year old would say, are “delicious and nutritious”! Enjoy.
Frozen Bananas Slices
- Slice bananas.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and cocoa powder.
- Place on a glass plate. Freeze (30 minutes or more) and enjoy!
Easy Banana Oat Bites (Egg-free!)
- Add 1 Banana, 1/4 Cup Quick Oats, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle in cinnamon, cocoa powder, & raisins – depending on preference. Mix.
- Pour mixture into 6 muffin liners and press flat. Bake at 350 Degrees F for 6-10 minutes depending on your texture preference (softer vs. firmer).
- Let cool and enjoy! We usually double this recipe to make the bites a bit thicker.
Nutrient-Packed Popsicles & Smoothies
- Blend water or coconut water, bananas, mango, berries, carrots, celery, spinach, kale or any fruit/veggie combo together.
- Optional Nutrition: Add Vitamin C Powder, Beet Powder, Magnesium, Chia or Flax Seed for an extra boost!
- Then, to make the smoothie Popsicles… Pour into a popsicle mold, like the one we have, and enjoy!
Our favorite blend: Banana, strawberries, cherries, blueberries, carrots and chia seeds! If you’ve never had carrots in a smoothie before, start by adding just a few. Blend well.
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Kale – thoroughly wash and dry the kale. Then, cut off stems and tear into bite sized pieces.
- Toss with olive oil and salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place kale on sheet.
- Bake at 350 F, turning half way, for approximately 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown – not burn!
- Cut fresh strawberries into tiny pieces.
- Mix in a bowl with yogurt.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) an freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Break apart into smaller pieces and enjoy!
MORE HEALTHY SNACK IDEAS WE LOVE…
- Ants on a Log (celery, peanut butter or almond butter, and unsweetened raisins)
- Carrots Sticks & Almond Butter
- Apple Slices with Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- Bell Peppers & Hummus
- Cucumbers & Hummus
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Toast with Avocado and Tomato
- Unsweetened Applesauce & Cinnamon
- Nuts & Unsweetened Raisins
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Caprese Skewers
- Kefir or yogurt
- Almond Butter and Jelly Tortilla Roll-Ups
- Hummus, cucumber, cracker sandwiches
- Almond Butter & Banana Sandwiches (just those two ingredients!)
- Avocado Slices
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Oat Energy Balls
Looking for non-toxic kitchen items? Cups, plates, utensils, mixers, and more? Check out my personal recommendations of products I use in my home! Free of BPA, lead, cadmium, heavy metals and many other toxic chemicals.
Full disclosure and disclaimer here.