Looking for a quick, healthy dinner recipe for the whole fam? In under 20 minutes, these healthy vegetarian quesadillas are packed with fiber, protein, and nutrients leaving you completely satisfied all night long!
Feeling like tacos instead? This recipe works for both!
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Romaine Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Mini Sweet Peppers
- Flour Tortilla Shells
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Spices (optional) – Add cumin and salt, if desired.
Feel free to add any other veggies you’d like corn, onions, broccoli, or mushrooms! We even add baked sweet potatoes to ours sometimes – and it is delicious!
*All organic ingredients were used.
- On medium heat, cook black beans and pinto beans on the stovetop. You may also cook them in your Instant Pot!
- Dice tomatoes, peppers, avocado, and romaine lettuce. No sautéing necessary!
- Warm a tortilla in a stainless pan. Since we don’t use oil or fats when making quesadillas, here’s how I achieve a perfectly toasted tortilla when using my favorite stainless steel pan: First, warm each side of the tortilla on low for about 1 minute per side. Next, beginning with the beans, add all of the ingredients!
- Fill the tortilla. First, add the beans and smooth evenly on one half of the tortilla. Next, add the peppers, tomato, lettuce, avocado, and cheese. Don’t overdo the cheese!
- Fold the tortilla in half and cook for a minute or so. Personally, I prefer folded quesadillas – less of a mess and easier to make!
- Flip the quesadilla and cook for an additional minute or so (until slightly golden).
- Serve as-is, with a side of lettuce, pico, salsa, guac, or sour cream!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” Regardless, we only recommend products or services that have extensively researched; and products that we use personally, have used and would use in the future. We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity to our readers.
Full Disclaimer and Disclosure here.