Unleash your inner artist with this easy-peasy homemade bath paint recipe! Soon, you’ll be on your way to creating a beautiful bathtub masterpiece – and best of all, clean-up will be a breeze (you’re welcome, mamas and dadas)!
- 1 Cup of Dish Soap | We used Better Life unscented this time, but you can also use baby shampoo/wash as well)
- 1/2 Cup of Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- Food Coloring | This plant-based food coloring is our go-to! No yucky ingredients here.
- In a saucepan, whisk cornstarch, water, and soap together until it dissolves and appears pasty.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Stir constantly to ensure a smooth consistency.
- Lower the heat and continue to stir until the mixture becomes gel-like.
- Scoop mixture into airtight containers. Then, add desired food coloring to each and stir. Baby food jars work great – we used these by OXO. If you’d like to make just 1 paint color, you can add the food coloring directly to the saucepan.
Store any leftover paint in an airtight container and stir well prior to each use as the paint will separate a bit. Happy Painting!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” Regardless, we only recommend products or services that have extensively researched; and products that we use personally, have used and would use in the future. We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity to our readers.
Full Disclaimer and Disclosure here.