As the cooler weather approaches and we are spending a bit more time inside, my little one and I are always looking for new, fun recipes to try! These “healthy-ish” Banana Muffins were delicious and easy to make! Plus, we had all of the ingredients at home so it was a no brainer for us.
Banana Muffin* Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups flour (wheat, almond, whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more if you’re like us!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (we love this brand!)
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting* Ingredients
- 1 (8oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
*All natural, organic ingredients were used in our recipe. All of the specific brands we used are linked!
- Prepare the cupcake mix. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line your stainless steel muffin tray with muffin liners. We use these parchment paper liners – non-stick without any chemicals!
- In a large bowl, mush a banana. Then, add two eggs, coconut oil (1/4 cup), maple syrup (1/3 cup), and vanilla (1 tsp).
- Now add the flour (2 1/2 cups), baking soda (1/2 tsp), cinnamon (1 tsp), and salt (1/4 tsp). Mix well.
- Fill each muffin liner approximately two-thirds of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes or so at 350°F, until golden.
- Prepare the cream cheese frosting while the cupcakes are baking. Using a hand mixer, blend together cream cheese, powdered sugar (1 cup), butter (2 tbsp), vanilla (1 tsp), cinnamon (1/4 tsp), and salt (1/4 tsp). Chill for approximately 30 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes once they have cooled and enjoy!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” Regardless, we only recommend products or services that have extensively researched; and products that we use personally, have used and would use in the future. We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity to our readers.
Full Disclaimer and Disclosure here.