Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber, these healthy blueberry muffins are the perfect way to start your day! Soft and scrumptious, this treat is free of gluten and refined sugar too.
- 2 Cup Oat Flour (ground up oats)
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Applesauce (if preferred, use oil or Greek Yogurt instead)
- ⅔ Cup Greek Yogurt (if preferred, substitute ⅔ cup of applesauce instead)
- ⅓ Cup Honey (Add more if you have a sweet tooth!)
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen – If you don’t have blueberries on hand, you can substitute blackberries, raspberries, or another berry favorite!
*We used all organic ingredients linked. Also, we went dairy-free and chose to use applesauce instead of yogurt!
OPTIONAL SAUCE TOPPING:
- ½ Cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Optional: Cinnamon, honey, or maple syrup
Note: You may also use traditional jam or the topping of your choosing instead.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except for the blueberries). You may first combine dry, then wet ingredients if you prefer. Mix well.
- Then, slowly stir in blueberries.
- Line a regular sized muffin pan with parchment paper muffin liners (or the liners of your choice). Then, fill with the muffin mixture. If you would like to add the topping prior to baking, see “Optional Sauce Topping” below.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes.
- Optional Sauce Topping | On the stove, heat blueberries on low heat until the berries start to melt (I smashed them a little to expedite the process). Add a little honey, cinnamon, or maple syrup, if desired. Remove from heat. This topping can be added prior to baking or after, depending on your preference!
Store in fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to a month.
Now you too can enjoy your delicious and nutritious moist blueberry muffins morning, noon, and night!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” Regardless, we only recommend products or services that have extensively researched; and products that we use personally, have used and would use in the future. We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity to our readers.
Full Disclaimer and Disclosure here.